Stanford University is a renowned private research university located in Stanford, California. It is a place of innovation, creativity, and discovery, situated on the traditional land of the Muwekma Ohlone tribe. Despite its prestige, Stanford is extremely selective, with an acceptance rate of just 4% for all applicants and 13% for international students.
Many successful companies, including Google, Hewlett-Packard, LinkedIn, Yahoo, and Sun Microsystems, have been founded by Stanford alumni. This is just a small sampling of the university’s impressive list of distinguished graduates. In addition to its strong entrepreneurial spirit, Stanford is also highly ranked, coming in at #3 on the U.S. News ‘Best Global Universities Ranking’ list for 2022-2023.
As of October 29, 2022, MBA registrations are ongoing, with Round 2 set to close on January 5, 2023.
Cost of Studying at Stanford University
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
How to Apply
To apply for undergraduate admission at Stanford University, international first-year applicants must follow the following process and meet the necessary document requirements:
- Fill out the Common Application.
- Pay the $90 application fee or apply for a fee waiver.
- Submit scores from the ACT or SAT exams if required for your chosen course of study.
- Provide the School Report Form and Counselor Letter of Recommendation.
- Submit official transcripts or academic results.
- Provide two Letters of Recommendation from teachers.
- Submit midyear transcripts.
To apply for graduate admission at Stanford University, applicants must follow these steps:
- Visit the official website and sign up to create a new account at applyweb.collegenet.com/account/new/create.
- Use an active email address for login purposes and set a strong password.
- Fill in personal details exactly as they appear in your passport, including your name, gender, and date of birth.
- Agree to the Terms of Service/Privacy by checking the tiny checkbox.
- Complete the application form by providing the following information:
- Biographical Information 1
- Biographical Information 2
- Ethnicity Information
- Contact Information
- Program Selection
- Academic Interest and Specialization
- Educational History 1
- Educational History 2
- Test Information
- Application Information
- Financial Aid
- Employment History and Languages
- Supplemental Information
- Register your references.
- Upload documents, confirm your application, and submit it.
To apply for MBA admission at Stanford University, applicants must complete the following checklist:
- Provide education history.
- Submit an MBA resume.
- Provide information on professional experience.
- Provide personal information, activities, and awards.
- Submit two Professional Letters of Recommendation.
- Provide GMAT or GRE test scores.
- Provide TOEFL scores as proof of English language proficiency.
- Write essays explaining your reason for applying to the MBA program.
- Optional: Complete the Short-Answer Questions.
- Pay the $275 application fee.