The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, or MIT, is a prestigious university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1861 in Boston and moved to its current location in 1916. Its mission is to help students make a positive impact on the world through education, research, and innovation.
MIT is known for its quirky, creative atmosphere and its focus on numbers and outcomes. It is a highly elite institution, but it is also welcoming to talented students from all over the world. Many of its graduates go on to invent fundamental technologies, start their own businesses, and create jobs in the United States.
In addition to its main campus, MIT also has a business school called the Sloan School of Management. This school, which is also known as MIT Sloan, is accredited by the AACSB and offers a variety of programs through public and private collaborations and partnerships with other institutions.
Cost of Studying
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
How to Apply
To begin the admission process at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), students must follow these steps:
- Create an account on the MIT application website or portal.
- Complete the application form, including any required essays.
- Submit your Secondary School Report and Standardized Test Scores.
- Provide two Letters of Recommendation, one from a Math/Science teacher and one from a Humanities or language teacher.
- Set up an interview with an Education Counselor from MIT.
- Submit any Supplementary materials, such as a Maker Portfolio, Music & Theater Arts Portfolio, Research Portfolio, Supplemental Recommendations, or Varsity Sports Interest.
Please note that the application fee for admission to MIT is $75/ INR 6,192.